Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 11

Day 67 or Day 11
It is 6:38am. My, has time been flying. I can hardly imagine getting this far down the road, but yet, here we be. Good morning and I declare this day blessed. I am still writing goals for the next 19 days. It is getting old, but it is getting done.
Yesterday was shopping and running here and there to make sure I had all the stuff for the lamb dinner. I also went to Barnes and Noble and the library. I got some great books. I went to Aldi’s and HEB twice and the dollar store and McDonalds for coffee. I ran all over the place. I got gas as well. It was chilly, too. I just got in from running with mustard seed. Zoe went with Cindy last night. Thank God! It is such a peaceful place without her. Much calmer with just me and this buster. I think he likes it, too.
I read two of my entries to my guest last night. By entries, I mean these writings. I wanted them to get an idea of the transformation that is going on with this season. We talked about the Emmeagram book as well. They seemed intrigued. I was reinvested in it to the point that I fell asleep reading the chapter about what constitutes my personality.
 Mustard is over here snoring while curled up on the rug. He is as content as any dog could be. He is not missing Zoe at all.
Goal 1- monitor my emotions and how I react to circumstances and words. I really need to alert my mind to see these things. I can get a grip on stuff better if I can understand how I am resisting and acquiescing to circumstances and what people say to me. I find myself cringing when I hear compliments and getting really uncomfortable. I do not know where this reaction derives from. I just know I get squeamish and feel like dodging these words. It is as if they are calling me to an expectation and I do not want to be responsible for at all. It is as it I feel like these words are trying to fix me in a place and that place is not going to hold me and define me, so I resist. I have to seek counseling to get a better understanding of what is going on here.
Goal 2- Create streams of income. Create passive income. Be in it for the long haul and be patient. I do have a few retirement accounts that are not being fed. I must get on this. The window of time is shrinking fast. I am going to be eating cat food and living under a bridge at 80. God, help!
Goal 3- be mindful of maintenance. Everything needs to be maintained on a consistent basis. Schedule regular maintenance for my goals, my mind, my spirit, my friendships, my car, my H-VAC system, my emotional well-being, etc…
Goal 4- Ask for help. No one can do this stuff alone. Although we are all in this alone, we cannot do it alone. No man is an island comes to mind. I hate asking for help, but I got the book from the bookstore to read up on just how to do it, so away I am going to learn how to get beyond this hurdle. Yea, me!
Goal 5- set priorities, but be ready to make adjustments. Be flexible when trying to hit your targets. I can just see myself trying to hit a bullseye on a target, but all sorts of debris are flying at me. In order to hit that target, I can’t just stand flat footed, I have to be flexible and take advantage of what the circumstances are offering me that give me the best shot of hitting that target.
Goal 6- Strive to ask questions and get creative. I need to ask myself more questions. I do not ask near enough if any questions to myself. This is a sad state of affairs. How am I ever going to get to know me, if I do not ask myself questions and if I do not seek to be creative. These are two major ways to figure one’s self out. Geez… why does it take this long to get in tuned with what can help aid one’s life? I guess it is bread crumb time. Glean what you can and leave the rest on the page.
Goal 7- work on vision. Work on seeing further and seeing things as I would like to see them, not as they are. Consequently, begin to realize the vision. Change the script and change the actors and players. You want a better life story? You have to create it.
Goal 8- get real with myself. I do not want to sell products or services. I want to ultimately sell what is in my head.
Goal 9- Figure out the best ways to sell what is in my head.
Goal 10-Do not just exist, but thrive and live the life I was intended to live.
This is a hard day. I am plodding along. My sorority sister and her son are coming into town this evening. Mary and I are going to Austin for a seminar and light shopping. She is excited about this trip. We will then head to Belton to see my sorority sister’s son play basketball at Mary Hardin Baylor. It is going to be a long day. Lisa and her son will be spending the night as well. I have to figure out what to do with my Saturday morning. They are going to be disturbed. And I am going to sleep early and rising early as usual. I am fortunate and blessed that the morning this morning was a nice morning. It was not windy or chilly. It was just right. Father, YOU just keep on blessing me!

I thank you, Father God. I thank you, Jesus. I thank you, Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment