Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Day 24

Day 80 or Day 24
6:33am. Took the dogs out for 2 miles with me, practiced piano, read bible, said affirmations and now to this typing. Was up at 5:15am and hit the door about 5:28. The morning is moving pretty fast. Today I start at MCC in the Upward Bound Program tutoring English. We are just meeting the students and each other. That is at 5:30pm. For now, the day has just begun. This is the day that the LORD has made. I shall rejoice and be glad in it.
I had a good time with Jose and Aranza. They are just the cutest little married couple. We had pan grilled bell pepper with white onions, mushrooms and a hot pepper. We had plantain, and black beans, and salsa and avocado. She is a great cook.
I got some wood work done. I took out the pin nailer I purchased backed in December and took it for a spin. After moving the setting from 60 psi to 90, I got the result that I needed to complete the task. I made two little ladders and a tiny or miniature bed frame or at least that is what I am calling it for now. I may put a wall hook on it and call it something else or a back stand or a bull nose clip… So many options.
The weather this morning was fantastic, so I went ahead and went out first today. I haven’t done that in while, and I am glad. With the dogs, it is harder to get around when more people or out at 6:00 than 5:30.
I submitted a children’s story to Ripple Press yesterday. It takes five months for them to let anyone know the determination. So, I will know more in June. They have and interesting conceptual approach to the stories they are looking for. The editor is very much wanting to inform folks of what he is not looking for. I can appreciate that. He seems to want very visually inspiring material to give to his illustrators. With my background in experimental work, I think I can really add to what he is looking for.
I checked out four books from the library that I am looking forward to diving into. I also talked with mom last night and encouraged her to go to the library and write her book. I hope she is able to enjoy the process. It is a process. I was back and forth at Walmart yesterday. It was fine. I needed to get out and about. I can retreat too much. No worries.
Steps to achieving my goal 1- In all my ways acknowledge the LORD and He shall direct my steps
Steps to achieving my goal 2- Lean not to my own understanding
Steps to achieving my goal 3- look neither to the left or to the right
Steps to achieving my goal 4- seek wisdom
Steps to achieving my goal 5- seek understanding
Steps to achieving my goal 6- ask for divine guidance
Steps to achieving my goal 7- be obedient
Steps to achieving my goal 8- follow the leading of the Holy Spirit
Steps to achieving my goal 9- Actions of faith
Steps to achieving my goal 10- Praise the Lord

And it is that simple to do. Just keep swimming…
80 days of journal writing each morning, and this is the 24th day of goals/steps… six more days to go. I am happy that 24 days are behind me. I have not seen that Torrey woman since or heard Mary mention an update on her. Weird. I will contact her and ask her about her changes when my 30 days are done. I am curious to know if she has had impact in her life. She said she wanted to be married. I hope she is on that path right now.
Westerns… that is what my dream was about last night. It was awful in that even the so called good guys were not that good at all it turned out. But the episode only went halfway before I was awakened. There was plenty of time for redemption. Of course, I saw vividly all the middle aged white men in the storyline, and sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes in my dream. That was probably why I woke myself up. It was a Rifleman/Lone Ranger mashup.
Bless this day, Oh LORD. Keep me in perfect peace. You are the author and the finisher of my faith. Without deeds, faith is dead. Keep deeds on my path throughout the day. Thank you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Blessings~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment