Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 14

Day 70 or Day 14
The time is 7:17am. I went to bed at 1:15am and got up at 6:10am and got the day going. I feel pretty good which suggests that I could survive on 5 to 6 hours of sleep and not 8 and do better. As I was running down Columbus or north on Columbus, I passed Steve Cates' home and notice something that I had not before. His home is next to another house and then there is a Church on the corner. The church is always well kept and Steve’s home is always well kept. The home in the middle is not poorly kept, but it is not as kept as the other two. And that is the difference. No matter who, what, or where you are, you always have a choice to do better. It is solely up to you, the person.
Yesterday I spent half the day with Jean Pinner at Stoney Brook singing with the residents. It was a good time had by all. By all, I mean the four ladies who joined us. Then we had lunch with Pat Welborn at her request. I learned something very important from Pat. That is, that no matter what, say you enjoyed your time and be thankful. Reflect on the good things and dwell on those good things and forget the negative. It will sour your disposition. Thank you, Father for the blessing lesson.
After dropping Jean off at her residence, I came home and got all the leaves up and bagged. I spoke with Mr. and Mrs. Childers a brief bit. She had recently been hospitalized. I then read a bit and talked to Natasha for almost 2 hours. She is chatty. After that I went to Lowe’s with Mary and she got me some Taco Bell for my trouble. She stayed a bit at my house and we caught up on the day’s events. Then I listened to some youtube stuff and called Mary to check and see if she was able to get to the store and get gas. She had fallen asleep. It was good that I called her. It got her going. She is trying to get stuff done for her party on her patio that she wants to not cancel even though the temps will be in the 20’s by midnight.
Goal 1- Be mindful of other’s time. Respect it and value it, so you learn to respect and value your own time. Time is so valuable. Learn to value it. What you give your time to is what you will see the results of manifested in your life. If you give your time to idleness and produce little, you will get little in return. Use your time wisely.
Goal 2- learn to decrease sometimes. Sometimes in order to increase, one has to decrease. It is at its essence a form a humility. It shows up in stories like Through the Looking Glass. There are many inverted principles, that if we could just do the opposite of what we think is obvious, we could get so much further down the road.
Goal 3- Employ at least two people by the end of 2018. Have a payroll in place. You cannot do this by yourself. Learn to trust others. Even if they prove untrustworthy, you have to begin the process of entrusting others. Seek out skilled people to assist you in your endeavor. Get this ball rolling.
Goal 4- Have a business plan up and running by February. Come on… I need some get it done or die trying goals. I will do it or else kind of goals. There is no not doing it. Goals.
Goal 5- Have your business started by March 2018. Just do it. Just do it. Just do it.
Goal 6- Organize your week and your month and have it done before it gets here. I used to do this when I taught. I had the entire semester mapped out and saw the end from the beginning. I have done these things before. Get on it, kid!
Goal 7- See the future and be about it. Do not speak anything that you are not about the business of manifesting or actively working toward. Do not talk about a cruise or a trip if you have not purchased the tickets. “I wish” and “I should” are concepts that are out the window. Remember when you taught and knew you would have to have a screening at the end of 15 weeks, and guess what? You had a screening at the end of 15 weeks. You are a bad ass. Get back to work. But also, I know you did not get that done by yourself. It took cooperation. Bet you can find those spirits that will ride or die. The door will open. Keep kicking.
Goal 8- Discard all ideas that are not serving the bigger picture or goal. There are thoughts that are weighing you down. Chunk them out of your mind. You do not want to start a school. You do not want to move to New Zealand. You do not want a degree in Counseling. You do not what to get a job working for people any more. Stop dwelling on things that are not what you are about and create the image of the life you are about. Live it out loud!
Goal 9- Avoid regrets by not having any. Enough said.
Goal 10- Enjoy the journey. Work when you should be working and play when you should be playing. Enjoy and focus on the task at hand. You did it when racking and bagging the leaves… remember. I heard you humming as you took on that task with a light heart.

Goal 11- Enjoy your singlehood. God has given this to you as a gift. Enjoy the present that it is. Delight yourself in God’s perfect design for your life. HE has given me a future and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment