Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 7

Day 63 or Day 7
Good morning! I started this at 6:17an and will finish up at 6:47 or so. I declare this day blessed! I get up these days by saying this passage… Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. This is the only thing that is keeping me getting on up. My weak mind wants to give over to laziness and I am fighting it back. It will not win. Not today!
I and almost one-forth of the way through this month of goal setting. Each day I am staring at this keyboard and wondering what to write; it is something special that is going to show up on the page. I am not sure if I have to review these things, Torrey did not say.
I went over to Mary’s last night and took from her a few pages of children’s drawings. I knew they were for me when I asked her could I have them. They are the inspiration for the writings I will execute coming in January. Now is the time to start getting together my daily class schedule and my syllabus for my studies.
Goal 1- create a syllabus for your plan of action that begins in January. Include holidays and special days off. Include your morning ritual as well. This is for the Spring semester 2018. This class meets 7 days a week. It is intense. I need to have a lot of structure to this course. It needs to build toward a degree of knowledge in some area or discipline.
Goal 2- I wrote goal 1 again and erased it. Then goal 3 shot up to the page and I had to erase that. I wonder if that has any meaning. Anyway, goal 2 is to make sure I get goal 1 executed.
Getting goal 2 down is dependent on how quickly I get goal one down. I will have to have this curriculum in place before the new year begins. So, I need to set aside some time to construct this syllabus soon. The deadline will be Friday, December 29, 2017.
Goal 3- Identify my mountains and see them for what they are. There are mountains in everyone’s life. I need to begin to identify my mountains. I need to see them and know that I can climb. But if it is obstructing my view and I do not even know this, then this is a problem. A lot of this may also have to do with unforgiveness. I have got to deal with this and soon.
Goal 4- Keep my head down and do the work. Do not let distractions creep in and steal my time. Seek God daily. I had a brief chat with God telling Him that I didn’t think I was working with anyone but myself trying to keep this all together. But I had to acknowledge that God has been taking care of me, but I have felt alone and that is just an emotion that has not place in the eternal.
Goal 5- I forgot to type in when I started typing this morning and had to go up top and make something up. I figured what I put in is near about accurate. I checked my time after piano and it said 6:09. I cleared some clutter and read affirmations and that took some time get this typing started. So, goal five is to remember the details, but not to freak out if those details are not always remembered. I am doing good. Goal 5 is to be kind to myself and gentle and gracious to myself. Kindness is a fruit of the spirit, and if I can exercise kindness with myself, I certainly can practice it with others. Gentleness as well is something that I need to practice more of.
Goal 6- take things a step at a time. You can’t eat the entire elephant in one sitting. I need to place these tasks before me knowing that they are small tasks. Each small task is leading to some point on the continuum. This is a good thing.
Goal 7- Enjoy the journey. Have fun! This is reoccurring theme. Fun! Fun! Fun! How to keep a state of mind that is happy and engaged and having fun is the key!!!
Goal 8- Stay focused on what you want, not on what you do not want. Every time I get to thinking thoughts of what I do not want, I get all lost. I must stay focused on what I want. I am asking you and begging you, FATHER GOD, to give me the desires of my heart and make them clear to me… what is it that you have placed in me to do? Help me, please!
Goal 9- invite others to participate. We cannot do much on our own. A cord of three is not easily broken.
Goal 10- Empty your brain of all the clutter that is keeping your energy from flowing freely.
Goal 11- be ready to be pruned. I have been reading the secret of the vine, and this book has stirred some good stuff in my mind and spirit.
I took this book from Mary’s. She let me have it actually. I am almost through the reading of it. I read most of it last night. I now need to study it.
Yesterday I cleaned the living room and dining room. Mopped the floors and mopped the kitchen, hallway, and entryway floors as well. I got a lot done. Then later in the day I gathered up some leaves on the curb and got the leaf blower/mulcher and got more leaves up from the front curb. It is starting to get a little neater. The weather was a bit chillier than I would have liked, so it was slow going with the outside chores. I did get the hose bibs freeze caps on. That was done Friday. I am setting them up and knocking them down.
Thank you, Father God for your unmerited favor. Thank you, Jesus for walking with me. Thank you, Holy Spirit for leading and guiding me into all truths.

Blessings~


No comments:

Post a Comment