Friday, January 5, 2018

Day 19

Day 75 or Day 19
It is 7:03am. I got up at 5:15am but fell back to sleep and ended up getting up at 6:05. Took the dogs two miles. They knew the temps were up and beat me to the door. Yesterday they just laid on the chair and didn’t move. It was 20 degrees. These jokers are smart. I practiced the piano and now have turned my attention to this journal entry.
I was walking this morning on Austin Avenue with all these doom and gloom and depressing thoughts flowing into my mind. Then I just came to the surface and snapped out of it. I started praising God for His goodness and His provisions. It was great to have emerged from those negative thoughts to positive and affirming ones. I must admit, I am not very secure in my choice to leave my job, but also, I am only five days into unemployment. Certainly, one can understand my trepidation. But, onward and forward I am moving.
Yesterday was one of those restful days. I did go to Lowe’s to see about a white board of sorts. There was nothing there that really seemed to meet the need. I ended up purchasing some cleaning supplies. Brian Rose shouted me down, so I took some time to engage with him. I then went to the Post Office and purchased a book of stamps. I got the newspaper and got home to get things done. I did listen to Mary express her concerns about her living situation. She just needed someone to listen to her. She is better now.
I tried to find someone to keep Zoe, but it looks like she might have to come with me. I could take her to ABC for the nasal spray this morning. I just might do that. It is 10 bucks. I also need to see if Mustard needs anymore medicine anyway from there.
I sure hate that I am 45 minutes behind this day… but divine order… I am right where I need to be.
Goal 1- stop fretting… this is by far the number one problem with life… Worry. But God said do not worry and do not fret. How hard is that to obey. Very… God has got it taken care of. HE will and HE shall is all over the bible… let go and let GOD.
Goal 2- Believe God… the number 1 and one half or the zero to the number one problem is unbelief. LORD GOD please help my unbelief. Please LORD increase my faith. You will do what You said You will do. You are not a man that You would lie.
Goal 3- Believe in myself… God has equipped me for such a time as this. I have nothing to prove. I just want the life God has planned for me. I am letting go of all the things that are not for me. Every Good and perfect gift comes from above. I want what God has for me.
Goal 4- Stop dwelling on negative stuff. I am trying to keep the lemon story at the forefront of my mind. When one thinks about slicing a lemon, the salivation glands kick in, and even though you do not see or have an actual lemon, your mind and body reacts as if it has experienced the lemon. I want that emotion at the front of my mind for the career and relationships GOD has prepared for me in advance. HE knows the plans HE has for me. I eager await the unveiling.
Goal 5- Keep moving forward… God does not delay. His timing is the right timing. My job is to keep pressing my way in faith. I am to take care of what I can take care of and forget about the rest. Thank you, Lord God for your sovereignty.  
Goal 6- Do what comes natural… I know that writing comes natural, so I am going to keep doing this here writing stuff. Yea!!!
Goal 7- enjoy the weekend ahead… the plan is to visit my cousin in Dallas for a little while and get on back to Waco.
Goal 8- Be thankful… my attitude has improved since waking up. I was a little down, but I am getting perked up as the morning wears on.
Goal 9- remember people are rooting for you… I have people praying for my success and their prayers avail much because they are the righteous ones in my life. Thank you, LORD for their prayers for me.
Goal 10- Do not get distracted… I will look up to the hills from which cometh my help. My help comes from the LORD.
Amen!!!


Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment