Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 5

Day 61 or Day 5

It is 6:35 and I will type until 7:05am. I just placed in the Jean Pinner Christmas CD she sent out for her friends and family for Christmas. She also placed in the card a 50.00 check. That was unnecessary, but I thank God for her generosity and will pray on how to use it.
Goals for my career: theme for these entries. I can’t see how to write down goals over and over again or to come up with new goals every day, but here we go… even if there are repeats. Maybe this might bring to surface what exactly the real goal is no less.
My scripture for yesterday was 37 Psalm and that was right on time. My scripture for today is Ez “Open your mouth and eat what I give you.”
I will take it.
Goal 1- Decide what it is I want to do. Just decide and begin to walk toward it. Narrow it down to one thing. Find that one thing that I want to pursue as a career and just do it. Work on that one thing and get it done. Just decide what it is and put the nose to the grind.
Goal 2- Do not get distracted or discouraged by others or other things. Stay focused on the journey and the little steps you are taking. Do not look at the goal, but the steps you are taking and the path you are on. Refer to all the stories you have ever read. They are not about the end, but all that stuff in between is what mattered most. Stay there, kid! I keep coming back to this, because as I said before, as tough as I thought I was, I do not have the grit I need to push through barriers. I must stay focused and push for what I desired and never give up or give in, but first I need to learn how to want things again. I want to want and I need to desire. Help me to do this, LORD MOST HIGH GOD. Please!!!
Goal 3- Let it be fun. As the thought rolled in my mind, “this is getting fun” … Yes… let it be a delight. Delight yourself in the LORD and HE will give you the desires of your heart. The LORD is now. HE is in the present. HE is your present and an ever-present help. The “it” I suppose is this time of my life. The things I choose to do and the work that is to be done and the entire process. It should all be fun. All the writing that is going to be done. All the short stories and the children’s literature will be fun and joyous. I want the enjoyment and fun back in my life. Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! If it ain’t fun, it ain’t none. Don’t make no sense, but it is fun!
Goal 4- Choose to be happy. I was reading Norman Vincent Peale’s book last night on the chapter of being happy. It is a choice. I choose to be happy this day. I can choose to be a lot of things and choose to allow outside circumstances to dictate my state, but no more. I declared I am the head and not the tail. I am not the reaction… the wag or the tail tuck… I am the growl and the bark and the pant and the licking happy faces and the joy. I ain’t worried about the tail.
Goal 5- Let in as much light as possible and seize the day. I have been able to get some maximum results from the first 3 hours of the day, now I need to expand that to the first five or first 6 hours of the day. Get the maximum results for the maximum effort that I can exert in this day. I am looking forward to growing in this area as I move through my resolution 2017. I did not have a new years’ resolution. I have a this here year resolution that began in September. I resolved to change my life and myself and my circumstances. It is about taking massive action. Get it done!
Goal 6- read and refer to literature that is going to be uplifting. Got to get to the library and get this barnes and noble gift card spent on the books that I need to get. They are written on my dry erase board. Yes!!! “Indeedee”!
Goal 7- Give yourself space to grow. A potted plant can grow until it out grows the pot. I have need to be repotted in a larger pot. Anticipate getting a larger pot because you will need room to grow.
Goal 8- Take time to connect with friends and family.
Goal 9- Take nothing too seriously. It only leads to worry and stress.
Goal 10- Redirect complaining spirits to a counselor. You are too susceptible to taking on their emotions and frustrations and that is not good for you.
It has been very slow this week at the job. As the week draws to a close, everything that has happened has been God ordained. The atmosphere has been great. The climate has been excellent. The help has been helpful. And the place is clean and in order. I have done a good job and have been a good steward over what was entrusted to me. I am proud of my contribution to this season here at  this company, and I leave with no regrets.
Thank you, FATHER GOD for this season. Thank you for the growth opportunity. The last few years of construction and logistics have filled me with so much knowledge that I know it is only you, Father God, you are working these things all out for my good.
I have been coming home and going straight to bed these days. Though, I have prepped the living room for a deep cleaning, I will get to that this weekend. I was up early today because a cold front is blowing in, and I didn’t want to not get my run in this morning. I have ditched the dogs two days in a row. So, after the jogging this morning that began a little after 5:15am, I came home and practiced the piano. Then I burned Jean’s cd to i-tunes. Then I put the mailman’s Christmas card out and took the dogs out for a break to pee. Then I sat down to type this entry. It has been a productive morning. I still need to read the affirmations aloud. I am seeing that I am getting much thinner and toned in the face and body. I now want for the skin to clear up. Thank you, LORD GOD. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Holy Spirit. Second chances are not taken for granted this go around. I am grateful. I am more focused than ever before. I am getting it in.
Blessings~


No comments:

Post a Comment