Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Day 16

Day 72 or Day 16

It is 6:57am I got up and going at 5:20 or so this morning. I have gone 3 miles with the dogs. I have practiced the piano. I have composed a short song for a musical and shot a little footage for a short video. All this was done before 7am. I read my affirmations and declared God’s goodness for this day. I have to act like I am glad to be here this day even if I don’t feel like it. I will act myself into feeling like it.
Yesterday I did all I was slated to do except go the two miles. It was in the 20’s this morning, but there was no significant breeze, so it was pretty nice outside. I was bundled up pretty well. That helps.
I got a lot done yesterday on the short story about the snail. That should be finished up today with editing to follow. I recorded three instrumentals as well. I think I might cut the creative works down to one a day to get better quality as opposed to some quantity. It was ambitious, and ambition is not a bad thing. I appreciate the challenge.
Goal 1- Keep plugging away and get some order going. Action always comes in ahead of inactivity. I am proud of the fact that I am still plugging away. Attitude of gratitude is all I need to keep up the work.
Goal 2- Go get the items for creating a shower cap for people with lots of hair like me. I saw a tutorial online and it is easy to create. This is not going to be that costly. I also need to research where to get those little headbands I like to wear. I am certain that between the headbands and the shower caps, there is a market with a need for these items. I will also work on the pullback sling for long hair. I think the name will be “NiquTie” short for unique hairtie.
Goal 3- Set aside the startup fund from my savings to allocate a budget toward these ventures. The cost for these items can be driven down later. The goal is to get them to market as soon as possible. Also, I cannot forget the app. YES!!! Progress…
Goal 4- Keep reading about how money works but understand that I cannot serve GOD and money. Seek first HIS kingdom and all these things will be added. If I keep learning on the front end, the back end will take care of itself much better.
Goal 5- Go to Michaels and JoAnn’s and get these supplies. Also look into Home Depot and Lowe’s for the big white board. Laminate sheets might be the best option. I do not have to spend hundreds of dollars on a large white dry erase board when I can use a cheaper substitute that can be repurposed.
Goal 6- Spend this year talking less… way less… and listening more… way more… I talk too much as it is and listening might be the best thing for me at this juncture.
Goal 7- Realize that I am not special. I have to work as hard as anyone else to get things done. This is not a Rice Krispies or Lucky Charms commercial where things magically appear. I must get this stuff done, and out into the sea I must cast my net.
Goal 8- Keep casting that net.
Goal 9- Think! Think and Think some more. Figure it out.
Goal 10- Press my way forward against all the inclination to pull up. Charge forward with patient resolve and a calm rest in the fact that it is going to be alright. Stay controlled and alert.

I wrote down a lot of stuff last night. The internet went down as I was watching a Boyce Watkins video on youtube. It was a blast from the past when I was interested in all things African American. Now I must go to Mary’s house and check out Netflix to find Hidden Colors. It is a 4 part series that has a fifth installment coming out soon.

I am halfway through the 30 day challenge to journal my goals. This is not that easy of a task. Since I am getting up early to start the day, it helps a bit because my mind is fresh. But yet and still, this is not easy. I can hammer out these goals, but the big thing is typing for 30 minutes. This is the thing that I am struggle with as of late. I can reflect on the yesterday moments and speculate on the today events, but to try to fill in the goal section and breathe life into it has proven to be a challenge. But away I plug, nonetheless.
Thank you, Father God for this day. Thank you that I have an alarm going off throughout the day to remind me to give thanks. Thank you, Jesus for walking with me. Thank you, Holy Spirit for leading me into all truths.
I had a tussle with the scripture about God creating light in one verse and then creating the sun and moon and stars in a verse a little further down in Genesis one. But God sent me to John and 1st John and the insight HE gave me was that in the beginning when HE said, “Let There Be Light!” He was talking about wisdom, knowledge, and understand, along with truth and life. He was speaking of Jesus who is the way, the truth and the life. From that HE separated the light from the darkness… that is to say, HE separated the lack from the abundance. I must write more on that later in a book dedicated to understanding biblical truths.
This is the day that the LORD has made. I shall rejoice and be glad in it!

Bless the name of the LORD.

Blessings~



No comments:

Post a Comment