Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 12

Day 68 or Day 12
Good morning! It is 6:15am on a Friday. My scripture is: If my people, who are called by name… will humble themselves and pray and seek my face, turn from their wicked ways… then they will hear from heaven and I will heal their land. That is that! I need to pray more. and turn from my wicked ways...
I had a productive Thursday. We went to Austin for the seminar and then to Ikea. We picked up a single stovetop for mom. We hope she likes it. We then came back to Waco and checked on the dogs. Then we went to Belton to see Jordan’s team play at UMHB. Then Lisa and Rasharde joined me at my house. They are spending the night. They will be heading back to UMHB to watch Jordan’s Friday game. It is good to have a little company, but as you can see I was able to get my stuff in nonetheless. I just got back from going a little under three miles with Mustard. We walked more than I liked, but we did good. I will still need to do my mantra and practice the piano. I drank about 10oz of water upon getting home. Progress is progress. Don’t hate… celebrate.
Goal 1- Pray more to the Father every day. First off… I really must confess that I do not talk to GOD on the regular, nor do I talk to myself. I do not talk to anyone on the regular. I just kind of respond to life on auto pilot, silently and move by instinct or gut reaction or reason. Therefore, if my scripture is to be of any benefit, I must learn to talk to GOD. Now, how does one go about doing something that one is unconditioned to go about doing? One simply attempts to get it done until one learns. It is not complicated. It is simple. Even if I have to set an alarm every hour on the hour to remind me to say something to GOD and to listen for a response, that would be far better than just doing what I have been doing which is silence and not listening. I will set the hourly alarm today and see how this affects things going forward.
Goal 2- If at any time I do not like the story that is unfolding in my life, make every attempt to change it to one I do like. I hate to be so judgmental about what I perceive to be my life. What if I do not really have a good enough understanding of what is acceptable for a good life and start tinker with a good thing? That would suck. I need to pray to figure all this stuff out. I need to go out and actually see what it is that I like and do not like. It is so sad to be almost 50 and trying to figure this mess out. Oh, well… what else is there to do that is productive for me. I could ignore it all and just pretend that everything is moving as it should be and still have this gnawing feeling that something is not right. I do not want that eating away at me. That would not be good.
Goal 3- Just flat out get it together. What is it? And what does get “it” together mean? I guess it boils down to just making a decision. Make a decision about how to move forward. Make a decision about what to do next. What to sell next. What to learn next. What to explore next. What to read next. What to put into action next. What to create next. What to write next. Where to go next. Just make some decisions and get on with it. Get it To Get Her. Go and get yourself. Maybe that is what it means. Go and get myself. I need to chew on this a little more as the weeks roll on.
Goal 4- Give yourself some pep talks and good goings along the way. When I am jogging, I try to do this along the way. If I stop jogging and begin walking, I tell myself that it is fine and that I am doing good. I need to be gentle with myself and kind to myself. It enables me to give this to others when I give it to myself. I need to apply this to every aspect of my life as I move forward. It is not an excuse for not excelling. It is a genuine need to be loving and fair with myself and where I am in life. No need to beat myself down and tear myself a new one for falling short of my imaginary expectations. That is not productive. I need kindness and all the fruit of the spirit active in my life at this very season of life I am in.
Goal 5- Be encouraged. The opposite it discouragement. Who wants a bowl full of that? Inside I need to be filled with encouragement. Inner courage is the wind that fills the sails. This is so good. I am loving it. Where there is no courage or it has dissipated, there is shrinkage and inaction. Or at best the action is regressive and not progressive. This is not helpful in the least. So, I need to be as full of courage as I can be or stand and let that propel me to the places that my heart will have me go.
Goal 6- Just keep moving. If I stand still, I might get hit. But if I keep moving, it is hard for something to take me out. On the other hand... I need to be still in Christ because the word says, be still and know that HE is GOD.
Goal 7- Enjoy the day. This I need more of and to hear more of.
Goal 8- Enjoy the food
Goal 9- Enjoy the drink
Goal 10- Enjoy your friends and your life.
You must have joy in your life. Find the joy in this existence. Delight yourself in the LORD and in the LAW and in the WAY and in the Truth and in the LIFE.
This is the day that the LORD has made. I shall rejoice and be glad in it. Thank you, Father God for this day. Thank you, Jesus for this day. Thank you, Holy Spirit for this day. I called this day blessed and will walk out what is divinely promised to me and for me.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. GOD knows the plans HE has for me, and they are to prosper me and not to harm me… to give me a future and a hope.
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of GOD.
I have only been typing for half the time that I must. I must fill these pages. So I guess it is the thinking time as I go back to the top of this page and fill in the goals section.


Bless the name of the LORD. Praise be to GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment