Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 4

Day 60 or Day 4
6:09am
Good morning. This is the 30 day challenge to write down career goals. I will be writing until 6:39. Why? Because it is stated that I must type for 30 minutes when doing this exercise. I have shared with a few people why I am doing this exercise. The wind is blowing and I am raising my sails.
Goal 1- for my career is to go through all my last jobs and see the skills and other things I have acquired from them. This is reaching all the way back to mowing lawns and selling vegetables door to door. This goes back to spraying weeks on the sidewalk during the hot Texas summers as a teen, and hocking candy in the halls of my high school. This goes back to getting my first job with Kentucky Fried Chicken and a weekly paycheck. I need to look at all the odd jobs between the college years and graduate school years. Everything needs to be looked at, and this everything also needs to included hobbies and volunteer stuff... Such as when I came back to Waco and tried to volunteer with KWBU or with the church in California… but they had nothing for me to do… that kinda stuff…
Goal 2- identify my strengths sand weakness. This is going to take some digging and real self-analysis.  I was trying to figure out my gifts last night with Mary and came to the conclusion that it was the gift of discernment or discerning externally that was solid. I guess I really need to read up on discerning to discover more about it. If it is my gift, I surely need to know more about it.
Goal 3- identify the type or people I would love to work with and the type of energy I love to be around to accomplish the goals set before us. I write this in the present tense because this is what I should always desire all the time… what is the energy around me and is it good, healthy and of benefit. That goes for all living things really. What is the pulse? What is the atmosphere? I can conjure up something myself in an atmosphere that I did not establish, but that usually eventually causes strife with others because of the joy factor I try to build, so I just need to establish a place myself for the joy factor to permeate everywhere throughout…
Goal 4- align my goals with my beliefs and values regarding my career. This means really getting a handle on my beliefs and values. This is another one of those areas that I will have to dig deep and try to internalize what exactly those values and beliefs are and if they are of no good use, to change my values and beliefs and align them for my good.
Goal 5- take actionable steps to realize my career objectives. Action items are important. Faith without deeds is dead. Belief and no work behind it is of no good. There must be action behind all things believed. There is no getting around this... mindful actionable deeds, not just happenstance or through folly.
Goal 6- research how my career is being utilized or underutilized in today’s market and what I offer that can advance or improve this market. First, I need to figure out what this career is and commit to it. It will come. Do not worry. Do not fret. I think that is my scripture for today. Yea!
Goal 7- look up what career means in the dictionary. (this will be done before I finish typing this up of course.) It means: an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and with opportunities for progress for one’s life work.
Goal 8- a part of my career goal is to be able to travel to other countries where there are people of color. I now believe I need to go to countries that have people that look like me. I need to get out of this homogeneous country. It is time.
Goal 9- create an exchange of travel with these people that creates a global market. I can get them to come to Falls and Robertson County because it is the land that is built for them and for us.
Goal 10- work on another 5 year plan with another goal to reach. This should always be the next goal and the next goal and the next goal until the LORD calls me home!

Mary came by last night and wasted my time. She was supposed to tell me about Uncle Paul’s quote, but ended up talking about her job and then falling asleep. She did give me a head snuggie. I appreciated that. Work was super slow. I need to ask Billy to do something with Will because there is nothing much to do except count inventory. I guess that is what we will do all day today. Just go over numbers and see what we have in the system as opposed to on the shelf.
It is a nice morning. Looking ahead to tomorrow, the temps are going to drop a great deal. I am glad that will be Friday. I am thankful, Father, for the great end to this chapter weather-wise seeing that I was in a non-climate controlled warehouse for over a year. You have been gracious and merciful to me and I am grateful. Amen!!!


This is the day that the LORD has made. I shall rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment